The Calligra team has released version 2.9.1, the first of the bugfix releases of the Calligra Suite in the 2.9 series. This release contains a few important bug fixes to 2.9.0 and we recommend everybody to update.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes. There are several others that are not mentioned here.
- Show clear buttons in line edits of the Object Name dialogs.
- Use consistent style of title naming in window tabs.
- Fix status bar online updates when e.g. /tmp is on different partition than /home.
- Fix crash on backward search (bug 337015)
- Database handling:
- Fix compacting of .kexi files when e.g. /tmp is on different partition than /home.
- Show “No field selected” hint on first use of an empty Kexi table designer.
- Make SUBSTR(X, Y [, Z]) built-in SQL function work (bug 333206)
- Remember and restore dirty flag equal to false while changing modes, e.g. this fixes the flag state when the query designer is opened in SQL view and the visual view fails to open.
- Map theme can be picked from the property editor
- Add keyboard shortcuts for copy/paste/cut/delete actions (bug 334967)
- Cut action should make the report design dirty.
- Fix the outline cursor on CentOS 6.5
- Update G’Mic to the very latest version (but the problems on Windows are still not resolved)
- Improve the layout of the filter layer/mask dialog’s filter selector
- Fix the layout of the pattern selector for fill layers
- Remove the dependency of QtUiTools, which means that no matter whether the version Qt installed and the version Qt Krita was built agast differ, the layer metadata editors work
- Fix a bug that happened when switching between workspaces
- Fix bug 339357: the time dynamic didn’t start reliably
- Fix bug 344862: a crash when opening a new view with a tablet stylus
- Fix bug 344884: a crash when selecting too small a scale for a brush texture
- Fix bug 344790: don’t crash when resizing a brush while drawing
- Fix setting the toolbox to only one icon wide
- Fix bug 344478: random crash when using liquify
- Fix bug 344346: Fix artefacts in fill layers when too many parallel updates happened
- Fix bug 184746: merging two vector layers now creates a vector layer instead of rendering the vectors to pixels
- Add an option to disable the on-canvas notification messages (for some people, they slow down drawing)
- Fix bug 344243: make the preset editor visible in all circumstances
Try It Out
Also translations to many languages and MD5 sums.
Alternatively, you can download binaries for many Linux distributions and for Windows.
What’s Next and How to Help?
We have approached the era of 2.9. The next step, Calligra 3.0, will be based on new technologies. Expect it later in 2015.
You can meet us to share your thoughts or offer your support on general Calligra forums or dedicated to Kexi or Krita. Many improvements are only possible thanks to the fact that we’re working together within the awesome community.
How and Why to Support Calligra?
Calligra apps may be totally free, but their development is costly. Power, hardware, office space, internet access, traveling for meetings – everything costs. Direct donation is the easiest and fastest way to efficiently support your favourite applications. Everyone, regardless of any degree of involvement can do so. You can choose to:
About the Calligra Suite