The Calligra team has released version 2.5.3, the third bugfix release of the Calligra Suite, and Calligra Active. This release contains a number of important bug fixes to 2.5.2 and we recommend everybody to update as soon as possible.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes that are in 2.5.3. There are several others that are not mentioned here.
- Force lower case letters for object identifiers (except for widget names) (bug 306523)
- Database Support Library: Keep table names in original format but compare them in case-insensitive way when needed. This way importing from databases with tables upper-case characters works.
- SQLite Driver: Fix possible data loss of compacted file when tools crash or fail for any reason.
- Database Migration: Fix invalid SQL generation for database import.
- Database Migration: Fix importing from databases when table names contain upper-case characters (bug 307479)
- Main Window: Fix crashes on Kexi closing (bug 299484)
- Main Window: display names in tab bars, not captions (for consistency); names are displayed in the Project Navigator too.
- Table Designer: Fix possible crash when saving changes to design of table used elsewhere (bug 306672)
- Query Designer: Fix: Missing “*” (All Columns) item in Query Designer; it was present in Kexi 2.2 and ealier (bug 306577)
- Force lower case letters for object identifiers (bug 306523)
Detailed list of changes for Kexi is available.
Try It Out
The source code of this version is available for download here: calligra-2.5.3.tar.bz2. Also many binary packages are available for various operating systems and distributions. This release is packaged for Windows by KO GmbH, and you can find it on their download page. There is also a separate package or Krita only.
We would welcome volunteers who want to build and test the Calligra Suite on OSX.
Calligra is part of the applications from the KDE community. See more information at the website http://www.calligra.org/.