We are happy to announce the release of the Calligra Suite, and Calligra Active 2.9.10. It is recommended update for the 2.9 series of the applications and underlying development frameworks.
Bug fixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes. There are several others that may be not mentioned here.
- Fix crash in artistic text tool selection (bug 354907)
- Fix the outer line width of double borders increasing on round tripping. We were storing the total width, so each time to outer width would increase by the inner width+space. (bug 355318)
- Fix showing of comments when loading a file with comments (bug 353857)
- Fix saving tags: use the UTF-8 codec to save the tags instead of the locale codec (bug 356306)
- SQL handling:
- Make “BETWEEN … AND” and “NOT BETWEEN … AND” also valid for NULL arguments
- Do no longer allow users to save 16 bit/channel linear gamma sRGB files to PNG without a profile
- Do not crash when scaling down an image if the scaling factor gets too close to 0 (bug 356156)
- Add a basic storyboard template
- Fix generating the .kra and .ora thumbnail (bug 355884)
- Fix loading some PSD files by Photoshop after saving from Krita (bug 355110)
- Add an option to disable the vectorization speed up. This is for broken AMD processors.
- Add an option to log OpenGL calls for debugging purposes
- Remember the last-used profile when importing an untagged 16 bit/channel PNG image
- Fix a number of import/export filters that reported the wrong error code after the user pressed cancel. Patch by Nicholas LaPointe, thanks!
- Fix a rare crash that could happen during slow operations (bug 352918)
- Fix an even rarer crash that could happen when recalculating the image under some circumstances. (bug 353043)
- Fix a crash when switching sub-windows after removing a layer (bug 355205)
- Improve memory usage when saving images by now creating a big image then scaling it down for the thumbnail
- Make the small color selector consistent in color layout with other color selectors (bug 353505)
- Fix a crash that occasionally happened when working with multiple images (bug 354975)
- Fix a crash when using painting assistants (bug 353152)
- Fix a race condition that could happen during complex operations (bug 353638)
- Fix a crash in the shortcut system (bug 345562)
- Restore the window correctly after going to canvas-only and back (bug 352018)
Try It Out
Also translations to many languages and MD5 sums.
Alternatively, you can download binaries for many Linux distributions and for Windows (users: feel free to update that page).
What’s Next and How to Help?
The next step after the 2.9 series is Calligra 3.0 which will be based on new technologies. We expect it later in 2015.
You can meet us to share your thoughts or offer your support on general Calligra forums or dedicated to Kexi or Krita. Many improvements are only possible thanks to the fact that we’re working together within the awesome community.
How and Why to Support Calligra?
Calligra apps may be totally free, but their development is costly. Power, hardware, office space, internet access, travelling for meetings – everything costs. Direct donation is the easiest and fastest way to efficiently support your favourite applications. Everyone, regardless of any degree of involvement can do so. You can choose to:
About the Calligra Suite