Calligra Suite 2.4 Beta 5

The Calligra team has decided to release a fifth beta version of the Calligra Suite. There were originally going to be three beta versions followed by one or more release candidates. However in the last week the team has discovered a number of serious bugs, particularly in the area of style handling and style inheritance. The release candidates will therefore be delayed and there will likely also be further beta version before the first release candidate.

This fifth beta is ongoing work to fix the newly discovered and older bugs.

Try It Out

The source code of this version is available for download here: calligra-2.3.85.tar.bz2. Also many binary packages are available for various operating systems and distributions.

We would welcome volunteers who want to build the Calligra Suite on OSX.

About the Calligra Suite

The Calligra Suite is part of the applications from the KDE community. See more information at the website http://www.calligra.org/.

This entry was posted in Announcements, Calligra Unstable, News. Bookmark the permalink.

13 Responses to Calligra Suite 2.4 Beta 5

1. Houge_Langley says:

I have been download the last version from github and installed it in my Kubuntu 11.10, so great and so friendly UI. Thank U all of U 😉

• Abd says:

Hello,
      I am new to Kubuntu, how can I install non DEB formats?
      I was windows user for looooong time

2. Jon says:

Just installed on Chakra now! (Chakra has moved Calligra into the stable repo’s, BTW.)

Thanks again for staying in Beta until it’s really solid.

Can’t wait to try out Beta 5!

3. Marcos says:

Thanks again for this new beta, but let me suggest you to announce your new releases in the dot. I (and I suppose many other users) wouldn’t had notice of it if didin’t check this site.

Regards

4. Inge Wallin says:

Marcos: We would love to announce them on the dot but we are not allowed to announce beta versions there. They only take announcements on stable versions and (quote) “the first release of a new platform”. But rest assured that when 2.4 releases for real we are going to have a *big* article on the dot.

• Marcos says:

Ah, I didn’t know. Since they announce all the betas and RC for KDE SC I thought all KDE related pojects were allowed to announce their releases, even if not the final ones. Excuse my mistake.

5. tayete says:

Is not Plan included in this release?

6. tayete says:

For some reason it does not appear in my installation…mmm …strange.

7. tayete says:

Well, I tried to install it in another PC (the previous one was a laptop) and still Plan doesn’t appear. And the database program neither. I am installing the windows version under win7 home edition.

8. ivan says:

Where one can fond changelog for this beta release?

9. Roberto Romagnoli says:

It is possible to insert a table in words via Insert menu without the double borders automatically inserted? There is a way to reduce them to a simple grey 1 px border? The insert shape table doesn’t works to me. Is this a legacy of the unresolved problems with tables of kword? I am trying koffice first calligra then since 1999: have I some hope to see words working properly before I die? Never give up!

• boemann says:

The borders are added as default, and there currently is no UI to change it. This is planned for 2.5 (4 months after 2.4 is released) where table editing would definitely be possible as it’s a priority. If you create the tables with other borders in LibreOffice Calligra Words will show the correct borders.

The Table Shape is sort of like inserting a spreadsheet and probably not what you want