We are happy to announce the release of the Calligra Suite, and Calligra Active 2.9.9. It is recommended update for the 2.9 series of the applications and underlying development frameworks.
Bugfixes in This Release
Here is an overview of the most important fixes. There are several others that may be not mentioned here.
- Fix crash while editing vector text in a vector layer (bug 354194)
- Properly setup icons for Mac OS X
- Fix typing in the artistic text tool (bug 353809)
- Make Ctrl+Shift+Insert shortcut insert a new line in Table Designer (bug 338832)
- Make Ctrl+Shift+Insert shortcut insert a new line in Query Designer (bug 338833)
- Fix crash when Cut, Undo, Cut is executed for a widget (bug 288589)
- SQLite databases:
- Fix building Kexi when SQLite older than 3.8.3 is used (bug 353933)
- Fix typing in the artistic text tool. A regression in 2.9.8 made it impossible to type letters that were also used as global shortcuts. This is now fixed.
- Don’t crash when opening an ODG file created in Inkscape. The files are not displayed correctly, though, Inkscape does something pretty weird when saving to ODG.
- Fix the gaussian blur filter: another 2.9.8 regression where applying a gaussian blur filter would cause the right and bottom edge to become semi-transparent.
- Show a message when trying to use the freehand brush tool on a vector layer
- Fix calculating available memory on OSX. Thanks to René J.V. Bertin for the patch!
- When duplicating layers, duplicate the channel flags so the new layers are alpha locked if the original layers were alpha locked.
- Add a ctrl-m shortcut for calling up the Color Curves filter dialog. Patch by Raghavendra Kamath. Thanks!
- Fix a number of hard to find crashes in the undo system and the compositions docker.
- Another exiv2-related jpeg saving fix.
- Improve performance by not updating the image when adding empty layers and masks.
- Add a new dark pass-through icon.
Try It Out
Also translations to many languages and MD5 sums.
Alternatively, you can download binaries for many Linux distributions and for Windows (users: feel free to update that page).
What’s Next and How to Help?
The next step after the 2.9 series is Calligra 3.0 which will be based on new technologies. We expect it later in 2015.
You can meet us to share your thoughts or offer your support on general Calligra forums or dedicated to Kexi or Krita. Many improvements are only possible thanks to the fact that we’re working together within the awesome community.
How and Why to Support Calligra?
Calligra apps may be totally free, but their development is costly. Power, hardware, office space, internet access, travelling for meetings – everything costs. Direct donation is the easiest and fastest way to efficiently support your favourite applications. Everyone, regardless of any degree of involvement can do so. You can choose to:
About the Calligra Suite